Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I have a cousin who never looks at a pattern.  She just picks up her needles and knits until the fabric becomes what it is going to be.  Ahhh.....just to be knitting.  She has knit up interesting things.

I feel compelled to knit and often I find myself wondering what to do next.  Yes, there is always hats, and mittens, socks, but I have a stash of left over sock yarn and I am thinking scarf.  Scarfs are fun, and there are just so many options of design to choose from.

It began with a skein of Plymouth Happy Feet sock yarn.  I casted on an even number of stitches and working the moss stitch I began.

The Moss stitch


The moss stitch is a two stitch four row repeat as follows.

Row 1:  K1, P1 to end                          
Row 2:  P1, K1 to end
Row 3:  P1, K1 to end
Row 4:  K1, P1 to end

I came to the end of the skein.  I went to my stash and picked out all the left over yarn from the socks I knit this past winter, and picking another yarn continued.  I like knitting this scarf, and there are rules.  I make them up as I go, and change them when ever I want.

The rules for this scarf  are these:  It was to be continued in the moss stitch through out.  There are no repeats of any of the yarn.  And it has to be long.









No comments:

Post a Comment